Welcome to the Pals Blog Hop for May 2016. We are thankful you stopped by to take a look at our new 2016 Blog Hop monthly themes. This month we are featuring projects that are “stepped up” by using textures or fun techniques. We hope to provide you with lots of ideas and that you enjoy our creations.
You may just be starting the Blog Hop or may have come from the previous link from the Line-up on the Pals Blog Hop listing shown below. The full lineup will help you move along from blog to blog so you may see all the projects.
As soon as Mary announced the theme for this month’s blog hop, I knew that I was in. I have been having a lot of fun making cards using the Timeless Textures stamp set found in Stampin’ Up!’s 2016 Occasions Catalog. Here is my card.
Tips, Tricks and Insights:
- Textured Backgrounds: Both of the Whisper White layers have texture from the beautiful Timeless Textures stamp set. Below are close-ups of both layers so that you can get a closer look at how I created the appearance of texture using two Stampin’ Up! ink colors: Crumb Cake and Soft Suede.
- Wooden Elements: The beautiful, soon to be retired, Expressions Natural Elements adds such a great texture to any card. You can leave them natural or color them using a Sponge Dauber and Stampin’ Up! ink to compliment the colors within your card. Easily apply them to your card using Glue Dots.
- Color Inspiration: If you like this color combination I encourage you to click on the image below to add it to one of your Pinterest Boards.
Thanks for visiting. To continue with the hop, please refer to the Blog Hop Line-up below. We hope to see you on next month’s Pals Blog Hop!
Blog Hop Line-up:
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Kelly DeTommaso at Kelly’s Creative Corner YOU ARE HERE
- Debbie Mageed at Secret Stamper
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Jackie Diediker at Stampin’ Jackie
- Sherrie Gross at Stampin’ Sunshine
- Amy Hoptay at Craft Carnivore
- Sue Becker at RnR Stamping
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Natalie Bradley at NatalieBradley.com
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Kim Jolley at Stampin’ Artfully
- Patti MacLeith at Papercrafts by Patti
- Becky Volpp at InkBlossomwithBecky
- Peggy Noe at Prettypapercards
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Kalyn Shubnell at The Stamping Chronicles
- Pam Dotts at Clearly Southern Stampin’
- Michelle Gleeson at StampinMojo
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Nicole Everitt at Stamp Scrap Love
Supplies: If you don’t already have your own demonstrator, you can order any of the supplies used to make these cards through my online store, or by clicking on any of the images below to add them to your shopping cart. You can also print a supply list by clicking on the supply list link beneath the images shown below.
- Stamp Sets: Picture Perfect, Timeless Textures
- Ink: Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, Lost Lagoon, Pink Pirouette, Rose Red
- Card Stock / Paper: Lost Lagoon, Rose Red, Whisper White
- Accessories: Expressions Natural Elements, Glue Dots, Sponge Daubers, Paper Snips, Stampin’ Dimensionals